Angus Freezer Beef
These Michigan Angus Members offer locally grown, Angus Freezer Beef for sale off the farm. Find a source near you. Looking for more information about Angus Beef?
Members who offer Freezer Beef For Sale
Looking for Beef Recipes?
Visit the Certified Angus Beef website for Recipes, Cooking Tips, and More!
Where do cuts come from?
Download this beef cut-up chart to learn more.
How do Cattle Qualify for Certified Angus Beef®?
To earn the Certified Angus Beef® brand name, cattle must first be Angus-influenced, with a predominantly black coat. Then, beef must pass these 10 exacting specifications:
Marbling and Maturity
1. Modest or higher marbling – for the taste that ensures customer satisfaction
2. Medium or fine marbling texture – the white “flecks of flavor” in the beef that ensure consistent flavor and juiciness in every bite
3. Only the youngest classification of product qualifies as “A” maturity – for superior color, texture and tenderness
4. 10- to 16-square-inch ribeye area
5. 1,050-pound hot carcass weight or less
6. Less than 1-inch fat thickness
Quality Appearance and Tenderness
7. Superior muscling (restricts influence of dairy cattle)
8. Practically free of capillary ruptures (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
9. No dark cutters (ensures the most visually appealing steak)
10. No neck hump exceeding 2 inches (safeguards against cattle with more variability in tenderness)