Produce a video presentation inviting consumers to your ranch, farm, home, table, kitchen, backyard grill or a combination of these locations and tell the Certified Angus Beef story to consumers and present recipe/dish* using Certified Angus Beef.
Pre- entry is required by June 15, deadline to submit video is July 1.
Due to Covid 19 restrictions the annual American Angus Auxiliary sponsored All American Certified Angus Beef Cook Off and Chef Challenge at the National Jr Angus Show will not be able to be conducted as usual. In keeping with the mission of the American Angus Auxiliary Beef Education and Cook-Off committee to provide a venue that members of the National Junior Angus Association (NJAA) can learn about Certified Angus Beef and practice promotion of CAB and beef to consumers an alternative contest will be held in 2020.
The contest is sponsored and coordinated the American Angus Auxiliary in cooperation with Certified Angus Beef, LLC and the National Junior Angus Association.
- NJAA members ages 8- 21 (as of 1/1/2020) and their immediate family members are invited to participate in the CAB at Home Contest.
- Entries in the contest may consist of a single NJAA member, sibling team or team consisting of NJAA member(s) and family. (family for contest purpose is defined as immediate family members in same household)
Entries must be submitted online.
Pre- entry is required by June 15. Pre- entry must include name (s) of participants, NJAA member code(s), address and the completed pre-entry form. After pre-entry is made participants will receive a link to the Entry Form – participants will be required to enter link to their video, recipe and upload photo of the completed recipe-plated. Deadline to submit video, recipe and photo is July 1. Late entries will not be judged. Winners will be announced during the National Jr Angus Show closing ceremonies. Winners will also be notified via email after formal announcement.
Videos may be used by the American Angus Auxiliary, NJAA, Certified Angus Beef, LLC, American Angus Association in publicity and promotion.
Contest Rules and Guidelines
- Entry/team must have a least 1 NJAA member (ages 8-21 as of 1/1/2020)
- There will be no age divisions – all entries compete together. Adult family members and siblings that are younger than 8 or older than 21 (same household may be part of team, no limit to number of participants on family team) NJAA member(s) must actively participate in the video. NJAA member(s) must take part in speaking, acting and recipe prep main roles, adult family and non- NJAA member siblings should have supporting roles.
- All videos must be produced and edited by the participant /family- no professional editing or production. There are many free video editing applications online and on mobile devices. Video may be recorded on mobile devices, I Pads, Cameras, etc.
- Videos must be at least a minimum of 10 minutes and a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Video should be informative, factual and entertaining and must promote Certified Angus Beef to consumers and home cooks. certfiedangusbeef.com, cabcattle.com
- All videos must be uploaded to the online platform of choice (such as YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive, Dropbox) accessible link to the video must be included with complete entry.
- Participants must not publicly distribute or share their video until after contest is complete and winners announced.
- Recipe must be submitted with entry. Recipe for beef dish only.
- A photo (digital up load, clear cell phone photo is acceptable) of the completed recipe-plated must be included with the entry. Do not include sides in the photo, garnishes are acceptable. Plating style and presentation will be considered in judging.
- Video must include:
- Introduction (include participant name (s)and location)
- Content that promotes/ educates the consumer about the Certified Angus Beef brand
- Partial preparation of the recipe/dish- shown on video
- Presentation of completed and plated recipe/dish. Plating style and presentation will be considered in judging.
- NJAA member(s) must actively participate in the video. NJAA member(s) must take part in speaking, acting and recipe prep. Adult family and non- NJAA member siblings should have supporting roles.
- Video may include
- Complete preparation of recipe “cooking type show”
- Pasture to Plate scenario
- Entrants interpretation of promoting CAB to consumer
- Video and still shots may be shot at different times and locations and edited to fit into the 10 to 15 minutes required completed video presentation.
- Use of Certified Angus Beef logo is encouraged
- Recipe submitted must include- title, list of ingredients, preparation instructions
- Recipe may be an original, family or recipe from a cook book or online source
- *Recipe must include BEEF as the main ingredient, the use of Certified Angus Beef is encouraged however it is understood that local access to CAB product may not be feasible. CAB may be ordered online at bit.ly/2zaG9tP or from CAB Valued partners bit.ly/36i6PVk. A list of stores in your area selling CAB can be found at certifiedangusbeef.com/buy/
- No alcoholic beverages may be use in the recipe or video presentation with the exception of cooking wine.
- Inspire the consumer/home cook with your favorite beef comfort food, family week night meal, special occasion, holiday recipe or your backyard grill skills.
- A photo – digital upload of the completed plated recipe/dish must be included with entry.
Judging and Scoring – a sample score sheet can be viewed at angusauxiliary.com
1st – Certified Angus Beef gift box – (box of CAB steaks) shipped directly to the winner to enjoy at home.
2nd- $150 gift certificate to the CAB Brand online store (choose from a selection of CAB logo merchandise including clothing, kitchen and housewares)
3rd $100 gift certificate to the CAB Brand online store (choose from a selection of CAB logo merchandise including clothing, kitchen and housewares)
ALL entries/teams will receive a participation award.
If you have questions, contact:
American Angus Auxiliary Beef Education and Cook-Off
Co- chairmen: Anne Lampe, Alampe@wbsnet.org, 620-874-4273;
Anne Patton Schubert, 502-548-2359 or 502-477-2663